Monday, September 2, 2019

First Prize©2019TonyFallon083119


First Prize©2019TonyFallon083119

My love for you from day one has been growing
My heart must be like a cup it’s already over flowing
That over flow would be too much for a simple canteen
So you’d have to put the cup within a big soup tureen

As we go through life it is so often full of everyday pressure
Around the corner or on the block there may be a hidden treasure
And then something magic happens which can never be explained
And you are left to wonder was this chance meeting preordained?
I do not care what else happens in the world as long as you remain
I can survive and maybe even prosper as long as I am with you Jane

I don’t know what I did to deserve this lucky break
It’s like not being your birthday but you get a birthday cake
It’s like going into a room and everybody yells surprise
It’s like not buying a ticket yet going home with first prize

No comments:

Post a Comment