Saturday, February 4, 2023

single games

 I just got a phone call from Bernadette to jump in my car

And come immediately over to East Durham to Nellie's Bar

I surely assumed she needed some kind of assistance

So I hopped in my car it was only 8 miles distance

As I drove on 145, I dreaded there was an assault

But when I got there  I saw nothing at fault

The reason I was called was my singular condition

A night of board games without any dollar admission

I assume the night is arranged to be a night of fun

With single men and women playing one on one

there is one tough board game in which I will not dabble

it requires a lot of spelling, and they call it scrabble.

Neither will I play a game of Chess it would be a disaster

I know how to move the pieces but I'm not a master

 I was good at child's games I don't think it matters

I don't think they will have Ludo or snakes and ladders

My favorite game is draughts I don't care white or black

From the very first move I don't want a draw, so I attack

Also called checkers it's my best game I do not fool around

And I am not happy until all my single men are crowned

There will be no manager or coach a referee or ump

And if you play the game checker you will have to jump


No comments:

Post a Comment