Wednesday, July 19, 2023

montreal

 She was one girl in a million I knew at first glance 

With no rings on her finger this could be romance

I felt the sharp stimng of cupids arrow 

go right through my bones to the marrow

I loved the way she pronounced my name with a drawl

I asked her where she came from she said from Montreal


She looked so lovely her manners were divine

She was like an angel I was on cloud nine

She talked about me that night on the radio

As I listened in the wee hours to her show

I asked her if she'd ever heard of  Donegal

She said I hear it's warmer there than in Montreal


I never will forget one magic evening in the park

We stayed there with her friends till nearly dark

She introduced me to them all with great pride

We were so happy to be sitting side by side

I often go back to the hill and sit there on a shawl

And remember very fondly the girl in Montreal


She is a member of a band who often goes on tour

And if they come this way we will meet for sure

She has even promised and this may seem bizarre

That I can sing with them about Whiskey in the Jar.

But I still have one problem which might seem small.

The girl I love still lives in Montreal. 


The girl I love now lives in Montreal

Lisa went back to Canada in the fall

I told her more than 50 times I loved her

And all the stars that shine above her

With broken hearts some men go insane

Seven years have passed I still feel the pain

I told her if she stayed I'd treat her like a doll

She had a visitors visa and went back to Montreal.


No comments:

Post a Comment