Thursday, January 25, 2024

SpiltBlood©2024TonyFallon0125

SpiltBlood©2024TonyFallon0125

I sat beside the river and tried to hold back tears

As I relived the memories hidden there for years

The spot we lingered at as we thought about farewell

Not far from two nights later from a bullet you fell

I'm guilty because the bullet was meant for my head

My blood splattered shirt and hands and quickly you were dead

Another senselees attempted rub out that was botched

That shirt I keep in an old bag never to be washed

I'm sure this violence led to some more killing sprees

As hatred in two socities became a disease

Each year the new spring grass grows green from Irish blood spilt

And leaves old folks like me to carry with us the guilt

I hope you do not think your beauty I have forgot

Or the marble headstone in the graveyard by your plot


No comments:

Post a Comment