Tuesday, November 5, 2019

AloneAgain(ofcourse)©2019TonyFallon1105.


AloneAgain(ofcourse)©2019TonyFallon1105.

I didn't feel like eating at home but all eating places were shut
There were no lights on in McDonald's or in the new Pizza Hut
Since you are not here anymore I don't consider this a home
My heart is broken in two or three I have the love sick syndrome

When the clock goes off at eight many mornings I am so annoyed
Places we used to hang out in for breakfast I try to avoid
The days all seem so dull and boring but much better than the night
Because I dream my world is about to end and wake up in fright

Adding to my feelings of misery the clock has been put back
And now by four thirty each evening it's almost totally black
There are so many more dark and dull hours to suffer until dawn
And from the social life around me I have totally withdrawn

Tonight I just lay there for hours in my bed but just turned and tossed
Went out driving aimlessly a female trooper thought I was lost
I told her why I was plan less she said the answer was prayer
She said she had two chocolate doughnuts and was willing to share

She said that feeling sorry for oneself was no way illegal
And that if it was she'd be writing tickets to many people
She said she surely knew where I lived on the corner of Jerome
And to keep me safe she would follow me with no light on the dome

So now I'm upstairs alone once more and I have started weeping
There's very little chance that tonight there will be any sleeping 
Thank God I have assignments tomorrow to keep my mind involved
instead of brooding alone about this romance that is dissolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment