Saturday, January 18, 2020

Alas2020©TonyFallon0119


Alas2020©TonyFallon0119

The happy days are memories and not forgotten
My heart is badly broken as if it was trodden
What started out so promising and in such haste
What at first was in fast forward is now erased 

The long and lonely future seems like an endless void
No longer will the days of next summer be enjoyed
But alas it is the short cold days that cast their toll
And do nothing to brighten up my sad chilled soul

Even great flattery did not ever satisfy
Pictures and hoped for desires did not gratify
Reality was never more like an illusion 
If we had fear that might be the best solution

I will not sob but there’s a big lump in my throat
I feel like I'm slowly drowning and I cannot float
Yet there must be hope I find another mission
For my heart I cannot be my own physician

No comments:

Post a Comment