Saturday, July 25, 2020

NotHoldingHands©2020TonyFallon0719


NotHoldingHands©2020TonyFallon0719
   
Last Saturday night as we walked across the parking lot 
I realized my good plans were slowly going to pot
I had invested most of the day getting this meal planned
you were still angry at me and wouldn't even hold my hand

I do not know what caused the anger a most frequent trend
I spent the whole day planning my absence I can defend
I feel like a prisoner put on extended remand
When ever you are so angry you will not hold my hand

Women are anxious for love you seem to be the reverse
You say there is no problem all other answers are terse
I think I am innocent but with you I think I'm damned
When you are five feet ahead it is hard to hold your hand.

I walk on the traffic side because I think that's gallant
But you say that's pandering then in future I shallant
Some courtships bloom easily you I do not understand
Most relationships prosper once the boy holds the girl's hand

You plopped down in the first booth and started to bellyache
meanwhile in the back room were some friends and a birthday cake
so near and yet so far no more I'll be at your command
this is the consequences when you will not hold my hand

No comments:

Post a Comment