Saturday, July 11, 2020

TheSaving©2020TonyFallon0711


TheSaving©2020TonyFallon0711

I want you to call me so I know if you are okay
Last night I dreamed I pulled you from The Great South bay
You were far from Long Island's shore when I heard you scream
I didn't know it then but now I know it was a dream

There was no one else on the beach it was deserted
I had to act for tragedy to be averted
In the dream many big violent waves were crashing
To save your life I had no choice but to go dashing

The waves were so tall and wild but I had to persist
When I got there I told you to be calm and not resist
I asked if you had gone under or swallowed any sea
And told you there was nobody else around but me

So if we were to make it I had to have your trust
And there was absolutely nothing else to be discussed
When I got you to the beach there was no need for baling
You were shivering completely conked out but inhaling

The storm was intensifying and it was still cold
It would be many more hours before the beach was patrolled
My car was at least three miles away or more in the park
A risky and dangerous journey on which to embark

I knew the thing you needed immediately was heat
With my arms encircling you I could feel your heart beat
I held your cold body on the beach covered with my cloak
I wanted to stay like that forever….. but I awoke

No comments:

Post a Comment