Tuesday, October 27, 2020

SadLove©2020TonyFallon1023

 SadLove©2020TonyFallon1023

Often times the food of love is sorrow
Here today it could be gone tomorrow
Love can be even more fragile than a shell
Once a love is broken then there's no more spell
I thought at last you appearing was fated
That you by God for me had been created
The time we spent together I will not regret
The memories I have I shall never forget
I remember when you said there was no chance
When you told me there could be no romance
That when two months were up you could not remain
But that warning didn't register in my brain
I hadn't been lucky in love what had I to lose
I asked you out on a date you did not refuse
We so easily found ourselves in an impasse
Yet this chance to be with you I could not surpass
I realized without too much computing
That we were far too old for major uprooting
You had your place in the world and I had mine
Neither one of us could afford to realign
My friends were convinced it was a total loss
While we were together I gathered no moss
Without warning we fell in love with each other
Even though we both knew it could go no further
When you'd go away I knew I'd shake and shiver
But I would not throw myself into the river
About us parting I had no illusion
Yet when it happened I went into seclusion
I knew we both were strong enough to survive
And there was some hope while we both were still alive
I hope we'll meet in New York next Thanksgiving Day
I'll kiss you for all to see in Macy's display

No comments:

Post a Comment