Thursday, January 6, 2022

Breakup©2022TonyFallon16

 Breakup©2022TonyFallon16

We were so young and married on a whim

Then the lights of love started to grow dim

When little hurt feelings need some repairs

And the only answer is some angry glares

Now I am me and you are surely you

Mutually we once again are two

When we vowed, we were supposed to be one

How did good intentions become undone?

Was it you or I who was immature?

Who was the first one who didn't feel secure?

Why so quickly have we both lost the lust?

I think we should have worked to keep us robust

Why did love so quickly turn to torment?

Maybe we can learn after we lament

I hope we learn from our many mistakes

I hope we learn from our many heartaches

All our friends have so many suggestions

You and I have still so many questions


















No comments:

Post a Comment