Saturday, January 8, 2022

TheLadyInTheMirror©2022TonyFallon18

 TheLadyInTheMirror©2022TonyFallon18

Writing poetry to me has always been important

Yet for some time now my talent has almost been dormant

In some past years I have often penned so many hundreds

So to be so fallow was bordering on conundrums

Alone I was pining musing if love still existed

So on the top of my New Year's wishes love was listed

So when this fair maid appeared I wish she was much nearer

We still have not met she is the beauty in the mirror


We were once Facebook addicts and exchanged publications

I did not yet know her age so there were no temptations

Some people think social media is just make believe

get tired of the daily bull shit and just pack up and leave

You know life is better without and it was not perfect

But missing her old friends she decided to reconnect

Standing in front of the mirror, image duplicated

And although I am far away I am fascinated


When first contacted she lived in a northern latitude

Now the land is flatter in her Florida altitude

Going out on Saturday night an impossible chore

Certainly much more difficult than it was years before

We cannot go to a football game or a rock concert

We can only sit at our computers and shyly flirt

I often clean my glasses so I can see her clearer

That pin-up lady far away radiant in mirror


No comments:

Post a Comment