Thursday, January 6, 2022

NewYear'sEve© 2022TonyFallon11

 NewYear'sEve© 2022TonyFallon11

Tis one more New Year's Eve and it seems

Once again you spent the whole night in my dreams

To be together again you seemed delighted

I was so happy too we were reunited

As I held you in my arms, I stroked your lovely hair

And looked into blue eyes that are beyond compare

The eyes that can show love for a child or living thing

An animal's broken leg a bird with broken wing

Through green fields we went through gaps and over stiles

You laughed so happily full of smiles

We climbed a hill for what seemed like hours

You laughed like a child while I picked wildflowers

Then suddenly your image started to recede

And from my dreams you were slowly freed

That we will be together is one of my prayers

When I woke up this morning I was in tears


No comments:

Post a Comment