Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Liberty?©️2022TonyFallon0503

 Liberty?©️2022TonyFallon0503


I shall get from our bed and depart

And leave you here with a broken heart

You said the now lonely heart is thine

If that be the truth then so is mine.

Our time together was short and sweet

Maybe we shall never again meet


For if I'm caught I'll go to prison

For sins against the crown of Britain

Oh woe is me for my rebel traits

For in Ulster now the hangman waits

I must travel to Madrid or Rome

And make the continent my new home


Maybe I will fight for a crusade

Or sign up with an Irish brigade

Maybe sail to where Columbus found

Where never has a new king been crowned

Where gold is plenty and land is free

I'd be unknown and have liberty


©️All rights reserved. Reproduction or duplication 

without permission of the author is prohibited 


No comments:

Post a Comment