Thursday, April 27, 2023

Loretta©2023TonyFallon0427

 Loretta©2023TonyFallon0427


I got the surprise of my life in a store in Cairo today.

A girl excused herself, but it was I who was blocking her way.

She had mentioned my name today you don't often find such manners.

In today's society of phones selfies and instant scanners

I wanted to know how she knew me, so I chattily remained.

I engaged her in simple conversation which was no way strained.

I was truly impressed with her maturity at her young age.

She became a teen last time we met now she is earning a wage.

That is why it is so important a young child not to insult.

Because in a few blinks of an eye they are a full-grown adult.

The nasty comment or action can be treated like oppression.

While the kind word spoken, or deed done can leave a great impression.

Named Loretta after Gran she would be the apple of her eye.

But her grandma grandpa and Daddy look down with pride from on high.

I hope her life is happy and may she always be so serene.

A whole big, exciting life ahead for she is only eighteen.

The beauty I saw before me today could make an old man sing.

Daffodils and tulips are not the only things that bloom in spring.






























No comments:

Post a Comment