Saturday, August 12, 2023

Coleen Fenton©2019TonyFallon0412

 


Coleen Fenton©2019TonyFallon0412


I am in love with Miss Coleen Fenton who works in Edgewood Falls

Her father said she is never there whenever I make phone calls

He says just leave our wee Coleen alone she's not yet twenty four

I wish he'd pack up his bags today and go back to Tullamore


Dermot can't get rid of me so easily I will not vamoose

Whenever he's not looking she gives me extra cranberry juice

I love all things about her especially how the drinks she pours

Her mother won't give her time off so we could have fun outdoors

Her father told her she could not date customers or clientele

Or drummers banjo players or other musical personnel

I think he's taking this protection thing a little bit too far

I'll ask her to pack up her bags and we'll go back to Mullingar


I asked her if she had any serious thoughts of eloping

She said if we did that her father would have a hard time coping

I love her Irish face with blue eyes that are truly angelic

I wish we'd pack up two bags and we could go back to Mount Mellick


When I ask her if she loves me truly she gives me a big smile

That is surely all an Irishman needs to make his red blood boil

I'm so lonely for six months while she studies at Fordham College

But then every summer she returns with so much more knowledge

I don't know if I can keep up with her when she gets those degrees

So I better take some night classes and review my abc's


You know I am fond of Coleen and I really am sincere

I do not want her to spent her life in McGraths pouring beer

If her father and mother had their way we would never have fun

They'd like for her to go back to Laois and become a nun

No comments:

Post a Comment