Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Togetherforaweek©️2023TonyFallon0815

 Togetherforaweek©️2023TonyFallon0815


On the first Friday of the month, you appeared.

My heart began to race, and I felt weird.

I felt my face turn warm so I must have blushed.

I'm not sure what I said I am sure I gushed.

I had to recover quickly and behave correct.

If I messed this up,I would have no self-respect.

You talked so openly with me no way snooty.

Only once before had I seen such pure beauty

If you had make-up on it was very discreet

I would have to consign you to the most elite.


Though I had worked all day I forgot fatigue

As I talked, I know it was not in my league.

Over many subjects you led the merry way

Like a ballerina in an oral ballet

We stretched each other's patience with dumb wit.

But when it came to puns it was time to quit

I never shall forget those moments that were ours

You said you never had enjoyed such happy hours.

A glorious week of which there was no equal

This September there may well be a great sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment