Thursday, August 24, 2023

TooLate©2023TonyFallon0824

 TooLate©2023TonyFallon0824


Do you remember the day we walked the lonely road

The odor all around us of the meadow just mowed

There was tension in the air things had to be discussed

You were leaving and my love for you was still robust

You knew then I loved you dearly but I did not cling

I could not see why you refused my engagement ring

I had to promise I'd be true yet you broke the bond

Months after our parting I feel like I have been conned

You went to save up money but you forgot the plot

I heard it through the grapevine you are now into pot

No more are you the darling girl I met in fourth class

No more meadows for you now it is different grass

If your parents heard this news their hearts would be broken

If they finally find out I will not have spoken

I kept the home fire burning while you went to explore

Not even one call or letter I shall wait no more.


No comments:

Post a Comment