Wednesday, September 13, 2023

LoveAtFirstSight©2023TonyFallon912

 LoveAtFirstSight©2023TonyFallon912


I don't believe in love at first sight

To happen like that would be so trite

I think that's absurd

But maybe the second or third


I once fell for a girl who was ideal

She was so lovely and genteel

But she didn't think I was the real thing

And we did not buy a ring


She went away and my heart was broken

Many times since we have spoken

She says she loves my imaginations

And my romantic poetic creations


I've asked if love for me is beyond her

Maybe separation makes her grow fonder

I know the love was one sided

I asked her if she'd been misguided


I've told her she wasn't the first

But our break up was the worst

She said she still lives all alone

I wonder if a love for me has grown


If it has will she admit it

Or will her pride not permit it

Is it worth a new campaign

Or would it once more end in pain


I should not commit in one session

For it has led me to depression

No comments:

Post a Comment