Wednesday, September 13, 2023

ToAmuse2023©TonyFallon913

 ToAmuse2023©TonyFallon913


I'm never under the influence of booze

Yet I write poems that sometimes amuse

That may not be my intention

I may want to see if I have your attention

And I never shy away from fun

And I don't regret what I've done.


I always try to be sedate

And try not to cause debate

Something funny may come on the sly

I let it pass because I'm not shy

Who doesn't sometimes slip in a pun

As long as someone doesn't have a gun 


I'm awful careful not to insult

A child ateen or an adult

My words I choose with great care

I do not bwant to cause despair

Words from my mouth are oft distorted

Twisted bent and contorted


Sometimes the reader does not comprehand

Or worse still they pretend

Not to understand and act irritated

Which leaves me frustrated

I hope you'll understand the content 

Because I only said what I meant

No comments:

Post a Comment