Thursday, March 14, 2024

Missing313 2024

Missing  

Sometimes I see a pretty girl on the street tis then you I miss

Not only I remember your laugh and smile I also miss your kiss

You'd have thought all those memories would slip away with the years

But all those loving memories are our teenage souveneirs

The plans we had the dreams to fill an essence of our own

The many years not knowing whither or yon the great unknown

For six long months there was no one else without many plans

Like silly geese in puppy love the maturing of the glands


We had dreams of being together but I had an empty purse

While you had great ambitions to become a Hospital nurse

But things don't get better by themselves and did not improve

And while your parents put up with me they did not approve

I had no business to inherit so I knew they were right

I was not the oldest son so immigration was in sight.

So I boarded a jet One day in May I shall not forget

Leaving you and dear old Ireland on a day I oft regret

To the river glen and the winding road I bid a sad adieu

If you had not gone to town I would have said it to you


Those happy days are long gone with regret I look back

The suitcase was filled so long ago alas I can't unpack

The large wa;;et in my pocket was earned with sweat and tears

I wish you had come with me because now we'd be milliomaires


No comments:

Post a Comment