Wednesday, March 20, 2024

The Last Day

 Susan was a blind poet who lived in Alaska.She gave me a list of thirty words and asked me to write a poem. This is what I wrote.I don't think I saved it so I'm putting todays date on it.


TheLastDay©2024TonyFallon320


The Last day I saw her it was very cold

I spent little money on her I was a miser

 I wanted her in my family fold

I should not have let her go I should be wiser; 

If we had donuts that day we could dunk

But we spent some time rolling in the hay

And took pictures of her purple hair of punk

I begged her more than once to stay;

I prayed to God in his Heavenly height

Then the thunder started to roll

She said there’s remorse but no spite

I’ll come back before the Super bowl; 

That Sunday you and I once more will cleave

But now you need time to clear your brain.

You can hide in your hat but not your sleeve.

If I’m going crazy my sanity I must try to maintain

No comments:

Post a Comment