Friday, April 5, 2024

esther

 Sometime there's a crowd sometimes I'm almost alone

But that rarely ever happens when I read for Esther Cohen

Sometimes we are sad or so merry we are drawn to tears

I was supposed to come for one summer now it's fourteen years

I'm beginning to think I'm Esther's favorite Irish bloke

I bet before we go home tonight she'll ask me for a joke

We've had all kinds of students tall and short and thin

And a couple of weird ones too don't let me begin

One time there was a family who seemed so very nice

The were in the witness protection the father paid the price

One student went to  New Orleans and spent forty  hours on a bus

Stayed only five minutes because his brother started to cuss

One poem one night was scary and a timid woman got spooked

She excused her self I think she went to the bathroom and puked

I've often thought about that poor woman she is my concern

She must have given up poetry because she never did return.

I've written 900 poems already I'm officially a geek

But that's nothing to Esther she write seven every week

I'm good at mechanics and great at mathematical calculations

But no matter how hard I try I can't meter  expectations


No comments:

Post a Comment