Friday, May 1, 2020

Isolated©2020TonyFallon0427


Isolated©2020TonyFallon0427

There's an old chair at the table
And a vacant space in my heart
I can't believe it's only been
Three whole days we have been apart

This is the most separation
We've had since your last childbirth
And you brought home Deirdra
Who else could bring us such mirth?

I craved to give you one last hug
my request was sadly dismissed
It's not the same without you
You are therefore acutely missed

Every time I hear a car park
In a dream I think it is you
I always thought I would go first
But it was you who caught the flu

I am sitting here all alone
Behind a door with two locks
While dishes pile up in the sink
And I can't find a pair of socks

The whole house and the bedroom
Seem so lonely and empty
I have not often slept alone
Since I married you at twenty

I know that in our wild debates
We would often disagree
But it never got so adverse
That we needed a referee

I have seen most every movie
That is on the DVD shelf
I have no one to talk to now
Unless I just talk to myself



No comments:

Post a Comment