Tuesday, May 5, 2020

5Weeks©2020TonyFallon0507


5Weeks©2020TonyFallon0507

We've been locked up for thirty six days 
That's practically five bleeding weeks
She is watching the TV all day
And to me she very rarely speaks 
She is frequently washing her hands
Or on the counter putting on spray
I can not take too much more of this 
My sad life is just slipping away

I cannot stand watching the TV
All the bad news lands me in the dump
Besides they are always breaking in 
With all the latest wise words of Trump
She says that both Face book and YouTube 
were formulated for nerds and geeks 
and that they are both habit forming 
And she's been saying this for five weeks

Every time I go outside to shop
I'm masked up so I am compliant
But other are not keeping distance
Their statement of being defiant
Some dissenters are showing up armed 
Which in truth is an unspoken threat
This could easily lead to trouble 
We must nip it or learn to regret

No comments:

Post a Comment