Friday, May 1, 2020

TheCairoBear©2020TonyFallon0430


TheCairoBear©2020TonyFallon0430.

The Cairo bear stood on the table without a bit of paint
I said Jane we'll finish her tonight she said you know we 'aint 
I said lets get together the paint the cloth the glue and brushes
And you can use imagination to put on some wild touches

The bare bear sat there above the chair in dull factory white
It was April thirtieth supposed to be the final night
First we used gunmetal grey which was to be the undercoat 
We covered front and back and both sides to just below her throat

When the grey was dry Jane suggested brown and I had to concur
Since the color of most female bears is brown to represent her fur
Shortly it was brown back and front and sides on her head and face
We covered eyes and ears and feet with extra paint for the base.

I volunteered to do her nails Jane said those are known as claws 
She warned against getting any nail polish on the bear's four paws
She said she'd concentrate on the face with emphasis on the eyes
I kidded she should make her sexy that way she might win first prize

I've never been close to a bear before be she real or fake 
I'm about as fond of them as I am of a poisonous snake
But for her special bear Jane has by herself lovingly designed 
A very special bear for Cairo which I'll have to BEAR  in mind.

When I took my leave Cairo Bear was still missing a lot of trim
Her eyes were not finished and she needed touch up on one limb
My allergies were starting to bother me from all the paint spray
The next time I see the bear she will probably be on display



No comments:

Post a Comment