Sunday, June 21, 2020

AllMixedUp©2020TonyFallon0621


AllMixedUp©2020TonyFallon0621

You can go from top to bottom in about one season
From being robust and healthy to coughing and sneezing
From feeling very sexy, appealing and seductive
To a life where you feel you are no longer productive
I cannot get my thought together they are so scattered
My heart must need a good few band aids it feels so battered
Last week my son got a sedative when he broke his thumb
I wish I had a good one for my brain to make it numb
I can't get rid of the emptiness in my stomach pit
Yet I must carry on the facade and show some true grit
Where so many things have gone wrong its is hard to list them
It is just a near whole breakdown of the entire system
If I was younger I'd run away and join the army
Seven months away from here in training would not harm me
In the late evening I was trimming my large oak and ash
Today my two hands have poison ivy blisters and rash
I must work in the garden because wise gardeners know
If you don't often water the roses they will not grow





*To those of you who read my poetry I am “AllMixedUp”
Two years ago I was writing a poem a day now I’m
Having problems writing one a week because I really am
“AllMixedUp” Better times are ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment