Friday, June 12, 2020

aMusing©TonyFallon0610

aMusing©TonyFallon0610
I didn’t finish a poem today or the day before
There’s paper in the printer and plenty on the floor
It’s not a racing heartbeat that I’m waiting to abate
It’s the ideas in my brain I am waiting to escalate
I don’t drink alcohol or use any kind of marijuana
So I can’t get high and create my own nirvana
Funny how I could write easily in the month of May
Today will soon be gone and be another yesterday
I never take over the counter or prescription drugs
and since I don't drink alcohol I don't hang out in pubs
I'm good to go with tea but not with coffee by Maxwell
I'm good at the grammar and I rarely ever misspell
Saturday's we'd be reading on an open microphone
Some reading from their notebooks others from the telephone
Often in Saugerties some would go for pizza slices
There would be more of us than pieces that was no crisis
So are the old days departed never more to return
will we be wearing masks forever with no more sunburn
Will our lives be monitored and under social control
So that when we go out we'll have to have a ten foot pole

No comments:

Post a Comment