Tuesday, December 27, 2022

ChristmasWalk2022TonyFallon1222

 ChristmasWalk2022TonyFallon1222


I walked my dog on Christmas eve I wasn't feeling well

I thought the walk would clear up my depressing spell

A neighbor got out of his car and cheerily said Hello

The boot of his car was packed ready to overflow

I asked if he needed help, and he said no because

Everything packed inside the boot belonged to Santa Clause

I smiled to myself what a great toy hiding place

No matter how hard the little ones searched they couldn't trace


At the next house a man was putting snow in a garbage can

He told me he'd turn it upside down to make a snowman

He said making a snow man like that after the big storm

kept him shoveling briskly and kept his fingers warm

Not everybody does things alike some are unique

To make snowmen some people have a different technique

There are so many different people in this human race

Everybody has their problems but still have a happy face


As I walked around, I heard people loudly yell Ho,Ho

Thats the way I remember it Christmases long ago

Children raced around a car yelling Daddy got a tree

How much money would one spend to witness such glee

I saw carloads of people dressed up first class

I bet that family and friends were going to midnight mass

To my abode I happily returned with some more cheer

So Happy Christmas to you all and a healthy New Year

No comments:

Post a Comment