Wednesday, December 7, 2022

ThegirlontheLoveSeat©️2022TonyFallon1207

 ThegirlontheLoveSeat©️2022TonyFallon1207


I loved the music playing I was drawn by the sound

She sat crossed legged on the love seat I sat on the ground

She said "excuse me you are invading my private space"

I said "you don't have to worry I am not a nut case".

I looked at her left hand and I did not behold

A   ring with  a flashing diamond or a ring of gold

She smiled a smile and the tension seemed to have lightened

She said "when I saw you first come in I was frightened"

She continued "you do look wild with long hair and beard

If I was your girl friend I think something would be sheared"

Those comments could be meant to be funny or snide

I had often heard worse I was taking it in stride

I said "If I wrote to you in poetry or prose

Would some big man rise up and punch me in the nose?"

"You just said girlfriend so is there some interest

Of you and me starting to build just one love nest"

I was getting to her I observed a slight blush

Other people were listening now there was a hush

I could tell I was being her magic enchanter

And she was enjoying the come and go of banter

I asked her where she planned on dining out that night

And was there an old boyfriend who would cause a fight

I said I'm very serious I'm not here to flirt

I want to take you out for soup dinner and dessert

The next thing she said caused me to be slightly enraged

She said I'm so sorry but I'm secretly engaged.

God be with the old days when if a ring was not in sight

To chat or flirt with a lone girl you had the green light


No comments:

Post a Comment