Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Introverted Extrovert 0709


Introverted Extrovert©2019TonyFallon0709

People say I’m an ambivert working both sides of my brain
You see I’d love to travel but have never been on a plane
Intro and extro people are supposed to have super intellect
Yet beat them selves almost senseless when they introspect

I realize I’m an introvert every time I write a new poem
Because there’s no one with me and I am at home
I am totally engaged in the new product emerging
As scattered thoughts of mind start converging

I remember as a tot sitting alone in my little nook
Totally engaged in reading some advanced adult book
I’d be reading HC Anderson and someone would intrude
And I was not mature enough to insist on my solitude

I’d love to be more assertive when I read on stage
And do it from memory instead of reading from a page
Still I love being on stage soaking up the glory and glam
People then think I’m an extrovert but that’s not all I am

The effort to go out on stage alone is often massive
Because half of me is assertive and the other half is passive
I am full of panic as I often forced myself to assert
That I am full of confidence pretending to be extrovert

This poem has one more verse but I want to surprise someone
with it Thursday night at the Cairo Public Library Writers meeting
The extra verse will be added Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment