Saturday, July 20, 2019

The bicycle Accident©2019TonyFallon0720


The bicycle Accident©2019TonyFallon0720

As I was cycling home one night
I fell and hurt my shin
I must have been an awful sight
I had a bad gash in my chin

The County Council was to blame
They had put down fresh gravel
The bicycle had a bent frame
And I had no more means of travel

The bar was across my neck
I could easily have been strangled
It only took a sec
I needed to get untangled

One pedal was out in space
The other in the middle
In a very sore place
I was hoping that I could piddle
  
The chain was wrapped below the knee
A little above my left ankle
I could not get free
I was still alive to God I was so thankful

I prayed someone would arrive
I was loosing breath
I had this need to survive
I was facing lonely death

I saw you approach a very welcome sight
I could tell you were walking up the slope
There were not many out that night
I had been down too long you were my only hope

You had been drinking you were wobbly
You had much booze taken
You though there was a robbery
You were laughing if I am not mistaken

There are times in life that we must review.
Like taking out a bike
In the morning after two
You could wind up in the dike.

No comments:

Post a Comment