Thursday, March 23, 2023

Gracie

 Gracie

Our life was full of joy my heart was full of hope

I let you get away I must have been a dope

Our meeting was like a magic faitytale

But I was as slow in my ways as a snail


when we met at midnight there was snow on the ground

And you were stuck in the ice by the playground.

When I drove up the road with my four-wheel drive

You were so happy to see some help arrive


Meeting you so close to home was so bizarre

The prettiest girl I'd ever seen so far

I was practically speechless I confess

Prayers answered for the lady in distress


You looked like you were frozen it was ten degrees

Nervously I asked if you'd like a cup of cheese

You laughed at that and the air between us thawed

I knew I had met a winner not a fraud


That night as we drank coffee I shall not regret

Our many happy days I shall never forget

It was not to be why did we fall apart.

I never shall forget when you took my heart


Now that you are gone, I'm going to take stock

It's going to take time to get over the shock

My life a bit shattered and I am not thrilled

I cannot mope around I must somehow rebuild


I thought the love we had would never sour

I thought we'd be together every living hour

I let you get away I must have been crazy

Give me another chance I still love you Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment