Wednesday, March 1, 2023

UpandLeft©️2023TonyFallon0226

 UpandLeft©️2023TonyFallon0226


For the last three evenings I have microwaved alone

This is not the kind of thing I normally would condone

You normally have a burger hopping in the skillet

Or pick a big piece of steak and go outside and grill it

You may have gone back to your mother where you were raised

And left me here all alone heartbroken and almost dazed


I think it was Tuesday that you made your secret get away

You did not even leave my daily breakfast on the tray

You went into the garage and took my electric car

The battery was not fully charged you can't have gone far

I'm not good at regular cooking so I think I'm effed

I've come to the conclusion that you've finally up and left


My cooking may not be described as genuine gourmet

But I am learning and it's much better than buffet

There's a McDonald's and a Pizza just down the block

And a take out Chinese open until ten o'clock

There are hot dogs and sausages at Cumberland Farm

And Juices groceries and cereal at CVS Pharm


I've found that living on my own is not too severe

I did not start boozing just at dinner have a beer

I daily read all the news and the stock market report

You know I'm in love with the Mets and other New York sport

You'll have to return my car the title I won't release.

Or else I'll have to report it stolen to the police

No comments:

Post a Comment