Thursday, March 23, 2023

themechanic Tony Fallon

 themechanic

I'm glad the winter is over it was so dreary

I'm glad i wasn't on the shores of Lake Erie

Most other winters I spent cold months inside

Many people have done the same other years and died

This winter I worked in a garage and felt the chill

My toes and fingers were cold I thought I'd be ill

I never realised car garages could be so cold

After working in rooms that were heat controlled

I started doing tune ups and fuel injections

Deleting check engines lights for state inspections

After that I graduated to automatic transmissions

Which was supposed to be fixed by skilled technicians

I often wondered if my fixed car could go in rough terrain

when there was mud or snow or ice or heavy rain

I learned the difference between two and four wheel drive

which when there is snow and ice can help you survive

There is no greater feeling if you're stuck in a ditch

Than to put it into neiutral and change the drive switch

I learned all about the liquids fluids and oils

And how all the spark plugs have different coils

The steering now has inner and outer joints

And most mechanics today don't have to set points

I changed brake pads and discs and replaced rotors

And for power windows I had to put in new motors

We try to keep as many spare parts as we can in stock

But sometimes the price of absorbers can cause shock

I tell them to add brake fluid if the light is red

And often check tires to make sure they have thread

They should use the inflator for the right pounds

And come in to see if they hear any strange sounds

If it's making too much noise it's probably the exhaust

You might have to replace the convertor regardless of cost

If you see us often we'll take care of the aiutomobile

It'll take cre of you if you're not a nut behind the wheel

No comments:

Post a Comment