Thursday, April 4, 2019

Alive©2019TonyFallon0404


Alive©2019TonyFallon0404

When I look back on my life I guess I'm lucky to be alive
I made five trips to the hospital before I was twenty five
I had a hernia and an appendix which they claimed was acute
Which they say can be caused from somehow digesting the seeds of fruit
Since appendix runs in my family they were afraid of glitches
But I pulled though that night and came out of the theatre in stitches

I had an operation on my leg and the eye that is blind
My head was completely wrapped up for weeks while I was confined
A motor cycle incident generated some concussion
Two weeks more in a hospital bed with no kind of discussion
They claimed my brain had moved and I had a fractured cranium
And if bones didn't heal they might insert a rod of titanium

One time on Lough Ree we were on a boat without any vests
And we had two drunk guys on the boat who really were pests
They rocked the boat so frequently with fear I was paralyzed
We took on a lot of water and could have easily capsized
To this day I won't board a boat no matter how anyone implores
If the boat does not have a motor and is only propelled by oars

I had a scary incident on a horse in a Catskill mountain resort
And I got some injuries from playing Irish and American sport
But I had a few good years until one day by the Atlantic Ocean
I suffered an aneurism in my brain causing a bit of a commotion
All the doctors said I was too young to die I was a month past thirty five
Three weeks later when I walked out unaided I was lucky to be alive

A week after my fifty fifth birthday I went down with a minor stroke
My son who is EMS was with me when it happened again I didn't croak
I've been taken in many times so they can blast my kidney stones
And because of ice I wrecked my car and had to live with broken bones
They took my gallbladder and adenoids and I'm approaching seventy five
I am as healthy now as I ever was and happy to be alive

No comments:

Post a Comment