Tuesday, April 9, 2019

temp


The Shovel©2019TonyFallon0408

Once I was probably the finest shovel in the hardware store
With the rake the spade and fork in a tool rack inside the front door
The rake was proud of its strong ash teeth the fork of its fine wire tines
But I knew I was strong enough for work in the deepest coal mines

To be working deep down in the coal mines was not to be my lot
A fine big Irishman liked me so much he bought me on the spot 
I daily mucked out the pig sty and mixed a few bags of cement
But to lend me to any a neighbor he never would consent

The old man always took loving care of me made sure I didn't spoil
Never stored me dirty and coated my handle with linseed oil
The son left me out last Autumn which really is a scandal
I have snails crawling over my head and termites in my handle

He can't remember where he left me I’m covered with weeds and grass
Nobody can see me as I'm abandoned in a slight crevasse
As I lie here hidden in the roasting heat I'm very afraid
That I'll come to a dreadful finish, done in by a tractor blade

The Innocent©2019TonyFallon0406
"Oh don't believe the children"
That is what some grownups plead
"The things they say they may dream
Or could be something they read"

But they may not be lying
They may be telling the truth
But grownups do not believe
And ruin the children's youth

It's bad when bad things happen
Then are branded a liar
And grownups seem to forget
Where there's smoke there may be fire 

If you can't trust the mentors
The teacher the coach or scout
How can youth be protected
If you can't trust the devout

How often is said "shut up
And show your elders respect"
Too late it is realized 
A little child's life is wrecked.

Just Love©2019TonyFallon0331

I hope I can give you more love
Than could any other one
That we shall have blessing from above
On this life we’ve just begun

The occasion is so monumental
The dangers so great
The meeting often accidental
Yet too in love to wait

We know our love is not ordinary
As this day we celebrate
I promise my love this day we marry
To say it I will never hesitate


Hate©2019TonyFallon0319

Hate can be inherited
Or hate can be bred
Give a child to some religious leaders
They’ll install hate in his head

Parents can teach
Hatreds of the past
In actions and speech
So another mind is biased

The mantra of the evil
A young mind soured
The work of the devil
The work of the coward


No comments:

Post a Comment