Thursday, April 25, 2019

High Hopes©2019TonyFallon0425


High Hopes©2019TonyFallon0425

The differences between us we can easily define
Our contrasts can be easily gauged by drawing a straight line
We can take your ideas and thoughts and put them on the right
And I will invalidate all of them without much delight
I know you know I know you never thought I was really smart
That was very evident by your actions from the very start 
Your father had called you princess even when you were a teen
And now that you have grown up you are acting bossy like a queen

I will not discuss or argue with you about sex or politics
I do not care whether you worship the devil or the crucifix
I don't care if you think of me as a genius or a simple clod
I disagree that our children will be spoiled by sparing the rod
I never hit the children for any reason to prove who's the boss
And I strongly suggest to you, you cut back on the liquid sauce
You do not have all the answers but you have hostility
It's not our faulty you didn't get farther with your ability

I knew the day we had married in the crowd there were high hopes
And we got a great start with all the family’s envelopes
Little did I know how much your family would interfere
And stick their noses into our home life and my humble career
I'm just a simple fellow who never tried too hard to impress
I didn't want to live a hermits life at a pompous address
It would be best for all of us if I went off and lived alone
But I will stick it out right here until the children are grown

No comments:

Post a Comment