Saturday, April 18, 2020

StuckInside©2020TonyFallon0416


StuckInside©2020TonyFallon0416
I try to get up early in the morning but I can't
I'm afraid on the TV I will hear some mindless rant
Telling me the New York City's nightly tabulation
With no sign of this virus stopping its wild mutation
I walk around the morning hours without my shirt or pants
When the phone rings I am petrified almost in a trance
Restricted to my apartment I am so frustrated
I never once thought that my life would be so dictated
Weeks ago I had great spirit and a good attitude
Now I don't want to go outside I'm in a sadder mood
On Patrick’s Day the tricolor nowhere was displayed
(And for seven weeks no football or hurling games were played)*
(And for seven weeks not even spring training games were played)**
I'm held inside my home I am totally restricted
this could go on for months without me being afflicted
we are told to stay inside and I sure am obeying
Every waking hour of the day I find myself praying
I have cans of chicken soup in every closet drawer
Every time I go to the store I'm tempted to buy more
I am afraid some stranger might come too close to my face
and pass on to me the scourge that's thinning the human race
My two hands are cleaner now than they've ever been before
But I can't hug any girls which I certainly deplore
There is no confession in church to unburden our souls
By next week we may have to carry our own six foot poles
*Ireland
**America

No comments:

Post a Comment