Sunday, March 6, 2022

Cheated(C)2022TonyFallon1/25

 Cheated(C)2022TonyFallon1/25

I once had a real true love but now I have naught

I only cheated on her one time but I got caught

I though I would be forgiven but she's not that kind

So onto the garbage heap I have now been assigned

This one discretion began here in the Shamrock Bar

While she was on vacation over in Mullingar

I had just won the quiz show and I had a new fan

She said I love smart Irish men my name is Suzeanne

You should have seen this lovely glamourous blue eyed blond

'And after a few more drinks she started to respond

She asked if I could compose her an old fashioned ode

About the big city where the river Liffey flowed

When we talked of Dublin she continued to chatter

When she talked about me she continued to flatter

She loved my old poetry and she piled on the praise

And on this old white bearded face she fondly did gaze

With this sweet lassie I was soon becoming beguiled

It was charming when she laughed and magic when she smiled

An avid listener she hung on to every word

As the booze kept flowing my mind was becoming blurred

Next morning hung over I woke up over in Leeds

I don't even remember doing any bad deeds

Whatever happened I don't remember the details

When my wife came home she was told some wild raucous tales

On hearing my story my friend Angela advised

If you are a rolling stone you should soon be chastised

Moral of the story you have to be on your guard

Married men have to be careful in their own back yard


No comments:

Post a Comment