Friday, March 18, 2022

TheBelfastGirl©2022TonyFallon318

 TheBelfastGirl©2022TonyFallon318


I met a pretty girl from Belfast and I was thrilled

Not only was she pretty she had a perfect build

I held the door open in a fancy Barre restaurant

I was going skiing in the mountains of Vermont

I casually mentioned to her that I was half starved

And would she join us where a turkey was being carved

When she agreed I was totally shocked and excited

So I took her over to where the candles were lighted

Within minutes of sitting she was quickly settling

Like an expert cyclist she was quickly pedaling

Everybody was saying hello she was quickly known

And in any conversation this girl could hold her own

When her lips and face smiled at me so did her sky blue eyes

I thought could she could easily become my lifetime prize

She seemed to like me and gave me her rapt attention

And extending the friendship seemed to be her intention

This was an exciting evening and totally unplanned

She spoke real good English which I could understand

When I said her accent did not come from County Down

She looked at me so puzzled with an inquiring frown

I asked her if she came over recently on the plane

She said I am not from Ulster I'm from Belfast in Maine

No comments:

Post a Comment