Friday, March 18, 2022

TheOldYears©2022TonyFallon0315

 TheOldYears©2022TonyFallon0315


The years have gone bye quickly and I am all alone

The years I don't mind, being alone I'm not content

I'm wary of crowds socializing I oft postpone

When one minute turns into hours I often lament


If you only have a ten forget the shopping cart

My dollars are worth nothing because of inflation

I do not come out with many bags from the food mart

The biggest shock of all is in the petrol station


Years ago it was one for all a country complete

People could arbitrate without a college degree

The flags flew proudly in each town and on every street

Whether they were liberal or in the GOP


When ninety rolls around I would like to be alive

Not to be almost always broke and always needy

With so little riches left it is hard to survive

My meager pension in the pockets of the greedy

No comments:

Post a Comment