Thursday, March 10, 2022

OldDreams© 2022TonyFallon0311

 OldDreams© 2022TonyFallon0311


I felt helpless and alone I felt like I was tied

I could not get out of bed even though I tried

My mind said I was awake but I was still sleeping

I tried to communicate but I was not speaking

In my dreams I'm talking but no one else responds

Sometimes they are brunettes sometimes blondes

Most of my dreams are happy rarely violent

But no one talks to me they are always silent


The dream I had now happened forty years ago

In the cold of winter it was at least five below

I remember you so fondly you were so sweet and kind

I wonder why again you have come back in my mind

We exchanged pleasantry's often like mates do on ships

But in my dreams I want to hug you, and kiss your lips

I'm sure in years since you have made many hearts beat

And I hope you've met someone who made you life complete

No comments:

Post a Comment