Friday, July 1, 2022

IYouWeWill©️2022TonyFallon0701

 IYouWeWill©️2022TonyFallon0701


Who thought we'd be together after all those years

After breaking up for our separate careers

For many years you toiled in London's clinging smog

Far from the pure fresh air of Durgra's little bog

While I rounded up cattle on the blazing plains

And thought of you as people waved from passing trains

I remembered all the promises I made still

I said then I would always love you and I will


Remember our long walks just to be together

Often in the wet and windy autumn weather

And then splash in a stream with no shoes on our feet

Those were the fond memories I could not delete

How we danced together and so lightly we stepped

How when we parted later how you sadly wept

Now all the promise you made then you can fulfill

You said you'd always love me and I think you will


I retired early just because of my heart ache

And settled in the ancient cottage by the lake

Like Sean Thornton longed for his home in Innisfree

I had longed for my ancient cottage by Lough Ree

Often in the morning I could not eat my meal

My dreams of you from the night before felt real

With you by my side I will need no sleeping pill

They said we should not love each other but we will

©️All rights reserved. Reproduction or duplication without 

permission of the author is prohibited

No comments:

Post a Comment