Saturday, July 23, 2022

TheLonelyMountainLane©2022Tony Fallon0718

 TheLonelyMountainLane©

2022Tony Fallon0718


I set out for the mountain to begin my hike

This was far more strenuous than a mobile bike

The wind was blowing briskly but was not a gale

Near the top I came across an abandoned trail


The grass was as dirty as an old brown stain

As it lies there dead beside the mountain lane

Which hibernating up the deserted slope

Seemingly with no future and gives off no hope


I had left behind the lush green valley and plain

Nor were there flower scents on this lonely lane

There were no birds or bees or other earthly sound

Nor were there signs of animals on the ground

It was hard to imagine here a love affair

For it seemed to give off a bleakness of despair


To walk alone in such gloom I was most afraid

Lest I should die of fright and be found decayed

Should I go on or turn to the left or right

The fear of the unknown had cast me in plight


Yet due to the new moon in my breast lingered hope

I should not go back but check out the other slope

On the other side there may be a happy elf

By lingering I may be unfair to myself

No comments:

Post a Comment