Thursday, July 28, 2022

Lisa'sBirthday©️2022TonyFallon0728

 Lisa'sBirthday©️2022TonyFallon0728


Though you be so far away

I hope this is a special day

The anniversary of your birth

The first day you were on this earth


I only met you for a while

But I shall not forget that smile

We met by chance you left your stamp

In the darkness you were my lamp


Your advice left me better equipped

To put my wayward thoughts in script


I've written eight hundred ditties

About countries towns and cities

Mountains rivers and shaded glades

Gallant men and lovely Irish maids


I must have used a millions words 

Often using  wrong cases nouns and verbs

You made comments in a civil tone

And though I asked often you didn't moan


Not to wish you joy would be remiss

I hope your birthday is full of bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment