Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Queen of the Catskills© Tony Fallon071718

Queen of the Catskills© Tony Fallon071718

If I was the king of the Catskills and could have a harem
You would be working in the kitchen and not out on the farm
If I already had eight living wives you'd be number nine
But if you didn't want to marry you could be my concubine

You would not have to live like some wives do in the orient
You'd live in a house of brick and mortar and not in a tent
I would change the constitution so that you my fair Colleen
Instead of any of the eight others you would be the Queen

If you should be the one wife to finally give me a son
If I die you won't have to join a convent and be a nun
You would not have to wear a burka or even wear a veil
But any man that gawked at you too long would wind up in jail

You could wear gay colored floral clothes instead of that drab black
You could buy all styles of clothes you want but only off the rack
I took a dislike to women’s clothes when I lived in Nepal
I would never demand you put on a big black ugly shawl

I would not allow a mini skirt you would show too much skin
A midi would be ok you'd be only showing some shin
You would have so much freedom the envy of other women
But I don't think it would be wise to sun bathe or go swimmin'

Of course there a few other western customs that are taboo
Like tongue, nostril or ear piercing and not even one tattoo
If we ever should go out walking I don't think I would mind
If you walked beside me instead of walking two steps behind

Many women who are in harems are frequently harassed
But I am a modern man not living in the distant past

This is “tongue in cheek” and not meant to offend anybody.


No comments:

Post a Comment