Saturday, March 2, 2019

Another dream©2019TonyFallon0302


A few days ago a guy told me THE worst worst worst joke I ever heard in my life.It was not dirty just pure pure stupid. And I'm sure it took him 12 minutes to tell it and that was with me begging him to hurry up at least five times. I know by now you are feeling sorry for me, but guess what I got one tiny little idea from it and I wrote this poem. I hope you don't think it's the worst poem you ever read.

Another dream©2019TonyFallon0302

I dreamt I was driving and got pulled over by a trooper
The excuse he used to ticket me certainly wasn't proper
I was drinking coffee and munching on my cinnamon bun
I said "for Gods sake officer will you put away your gun?"

I was just about to begin my complaining and whining
He said “when I'm on duty there will be no highway dining"
He said” you know coffee or tea can have many side effects
You might start hallucinating and see very strange objects"

"With many cups of coffee you could be disoriented
If you should hit a fire hydrant your bumper will be dented"
The man in blue argued that caffeine was like a narcotic
Which could lead to going crazy or at least be psychotic? 

He reminded me the kitchen is the place to have a meal
I know this is a dream I think it's getting too surreal 
He said I was being arrested I was devastated
I asked him if my car was going to be confiscated

He said it would have to be towed to the nearest gas station
And how to get it back would be printed on my citation
He put me in handcuffs and processed me at a local jail
Then let me go in half an hour without charging any bail

When I finally did get back the car had not yet been towed
So I put the key in the ignition and I hit the road
Because my car had not be taken I did not pay a tow
I was beginning to think I was on the Candid Camera show

Later when the judge looked at the ticket he began to laugh
Right beside was a receipt that said the coffee was decaf
That's the great thing about fantasy is you can be redeemed
Where terrible things are not reality just merely dreamed



No comments:

Post a Comment