Thursday, March 28, 2019

Unrequited Love©2019TonyFallon0328



Unrequited Love©2019TonyFallon0328

Oh woe is me today who has loved someone and mourned 
For the love professed to her has not been returned
She came in trouble professing her absolute trust
There is so much difference between love and lust

At first she seemed so baffled and befuddled
She wanted so much by me to be cuddled
The gallant never turns away the maiden in distress
Then weeks later pays dearly for that first caress

She recounted how much she had been wronged
She knew for her company I had often longed
My love she sought at first was just part of a rebound
The one she hated so much then, is still hanging around

When she said she was going back I felt so betrayed
The promises of commitment were part of a charade
In her hour of need that she came I was so delighted
But what I had expected was not love unrequited

No comments:

Post a Comment