Thursday, March 7, 2019

Back to Basics©2019TonyFallon0307


Back to Basics©2019TonyFallon0307
Odds almost rhyme Evens rhyme

She said she was going back to basics 
And I was so happy
I said I hope you don't try people's patience
Asking them to give up the diaper for the nappy

She said I was thinking more along the lines
Of me going back to being real single
Because you seem so unhappy sometimes
Maybe try the singles bars and mingle

That was not the perfect solution
But I had to agree to the plan
It was more of a nuisance 
I don't know how to use the micro or the pan

Alas I was remiss in my mission
The security I did not provide
She was not satisfied with kissing
She wanted to be my bride

I said I'd move to the sofa
So long as she'd continue to cook
I would no more be her Casanova
But I could read up on my cooking book

She has found my limitations
I do not want to be contained
I'm not offering any deceptions
Nor do I want to be enchained

No comments:

Post a Comment