Thursday, May 2, 2019

The Day After (C)2017TonyFallon 0502

The Day After (C)2017TonyFallon 0502
To get in party mood I don’t need whiskey or Chablis
In fact, I’m quite happy with Irish scones and a cup of tea.
I am a simple Irishman and I don’t have many aims
I would be very happy if the Mets would win more games
I also would be happy if Roscommon could make their mark
And this year win the Sam Maguire cup in Dublin’s Croke Park
Meanwhile yesterday I got all kinds of birthday congratulations
From all around the world from friends and distant relations
The messages started coming in early and every time I’d look
There would be ten or twelve more messages on my Facebook
It is also encouraging from other comments as it still appears
That people still listen to my radio shows after nearly forty years
There were pictures of many different kinds of candles and cake
And someone said I was seventy-two which is a big mistake
There seems to be many people all around the universe
Who seem to enjoy reading my original poems and verse
So if making by birthday happy yesterday was your goal
You succeeded and I thank you from the bottom of my soul

No comments:

Post a Comment